[MINC-development] Draft API for MINC 2.0

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:38:12 +1000

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, John G. Sled wrote:

> What do you think of having a mechanism to make the complex or structured data
> appear to be flat?  Perhaps this could be specified when the file is opened
> and the MINC file could appear to have an extra dimension.

'tis a good idea, this will make writing of generic tools more straightforward
and devoid of big case statements.  Will it be the default? :)  If this comes to
fruition then I assume a reserved dimension name will be used?

> It is not clear what mincresample should do in general with structured data.

It's not clear what any of the current mincxxx tools should do in my mind, apart
from mincdiff! :)  Will mincmath be doing complex multiplication/division for
complex data files?  Let's define a matrix type in MINC!  whooo!

PS: I currently achieve complex division/adittion with a few little minccalc
scripts....