[MINC-development] OS X

Vicka Corey minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:55:29 -0500

and replying to myself....
> I'm building minc and its friends under OS X, as part of doing the
> Freesurfer port to OS X.  I got minc 1.0 working awhile ago, but
> since I'm going to try to write some patches, I thought I would get
> 1.1 and build that.
>
> 1. It's not happy out of the box; I'm slogging through configure and
>    the Makefile.  But as long as I'm asking, anyone here have any tips?

Actually minc 1.1 per se seems to have compiled fine.  For the record,
I was getting some problems from mni_autoreg-0.98j.  The configure script
complained that it couldn't get the host, so I offered it a bogon
(--host=Darwin), and I symlinked the obscurely-placed system malloc.h
to /usr/lib to get the make to work.

Does anyone else here care about OS X?

--vicka