[MINC-development] joining the list, and tmp_nam errors?

Vicka Corey minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:26:18 -0500

Hi -- I hope this abrupt post isn't out of line....

I am working on the Freesurfer software at MGH.  We are having issues
with various developers using various versions of the minc and mni
libraries, and making their own changes to the code (mostly to avoid
the errors that gcc-2.96 gives for "tmp_nam", which they find annoying).
In my role as software janitor, I'd like to try to help clean this up.

So some questions:

1. Are there versions of minc that don't use tmp_nam()?  We have various
   between 0.7 and 1.1 here, and they all do in one place or another,
   though not always the same ones.

2. Can I join the mailing list?  If I submit a patch to get rid of those
   calls, any chance it could make it into the distribution?

thanks much,
--vicka

Vicka Rael Corey, Ph.D.				vicka@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
BIRN Group					617 724 7744
MGH/MIT/HMS Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
149 (2301) 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129   USA