[MINC-development] mincrandsample

Andrew Janke minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:30:59 +1000

I have added another 'goodie', (/s/s/minc_dev/mincrandsample)

** wotsitdo?
Generates random samplings of an input series of minc files. (or random
MINC masks should you prefer).

ie: to generate 1000 random samples from the input file data.mnc within the mask
mask.mnc.

   mincrandsample data.mnc -num_points 1000 -mask mask.mnc raw_data

Raw data will be output as a stream of doubles.

You can also use stdout:

   mincrandsample data.mnc -num_points 1000 -mask mask.mnc - >> raw_data

Or perhaps generate a new mask of the chosen (random) sampling:

   mincrandsample data.mnc -num_points 1000 -sample samp.mnc - > raw_data

It can also handle a input series of files (output will also be a corresponding
vector or doubles)

   mincrandsample data1.mnc data2.mnc data3.mnc -num_points 1000 - > raw_data

** wotsitgoodfor?
Well I wrote it as a precursor proggie for most of the predictive modelling we
do based upon a random sampling of input data (that is then trained multiple
times to generate a model).

** wotmightyouuseitfor?
I'd imagine most people are uninterested in the output data and would only have
a use for it's ability to create a random sampling of a mask. ie:

   mincrandsample mask.mnc -mask mask.mnc -sampling rand_mask.mnc \
         -num_points 2500 - > /dev/null

--
Andrew Janke   ( rotor@cmr.uq.edu.au || www.cmr.uq.edu.au/~rotor )
Australia->University of Queensland->Centre for Magnetic Resonance