[MINC-development] Welcome

Robert Vincent minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:33:50 -0500

Hi All,

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

To clarify what I mean by "automated tests", I'm speaking of code and
scripts dedicated to the purpose of verifying the correctness of the
library routines and utilities.

Also, to clarify about the 2GB file limit - my understanding is that
this is a NetCDF issue caused by the use of 32 bit offsets within the
NetCDF format.  The NetCDF official website mentions this problem and
says it will be fixed in 4.0.

Jason and Steve mentioned that huge MINC files work fine today if the
image is the last data object in the file.  I assume that this is
because the existing MINC utilities never perform an lseek() within this
part of the file.  Using a network or virtual file interface would
probably change this.

	-bert