[BIC-announce] Seminar in Biomedical Engineering - Wednesday Sept 11th - 1 pm - Room 333

Christophe Grova christophe.grova at mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 11 08:21:49 EDT 2013

Dear all,

We will have our first Biomedical Engineering Dpt seminar of this term TODAY

Please be aware that since there will be a PhD defense in room 333 at 14h,
we will have to leave the room on time.
Therefore we will start the seminar exactly at 13h, so please arrive in
advance.

Wednesday - September 11th,  at 1 pm

Location: Room  333 Lyman Duff Building (Biomedical Engineering Dpt, 3775
University Street).

Speaker: Dr Tristan Glatard PhD,  Visiting Scholar at McGill, Biomedical
Engineering Dept, Researcher at CNRS in Lyon, France

Title:  "Distributed computing for medical imaging: results from the Virtual
Imaging Platform, future evolutions with CBRAIN"

Abstract: distributed computing has become a daily instrument for research
in medical imaging, helping addressing challenges related to the storage and
processing of images, and to the simulation of medical processes. At CNRS,
we have developed the Virtual Imaging Platform (VIP), a web platform
exploiting distributed systems for medical simulation and image analysis. In
this presentation, we will first highlight VIP's architectural similarities
and differences with the CBRAIN platform developed in Alan Evans' group at
the MNI. Based on this technical context, we will then give an overview of
results obtained with the load-balancing, scheduling, fault-tolerance, and
simulation of distributed executions. Finally, we will present and
demonstrate the introduction of virtual compute nodes in CBRAIN to
facilitate application deployment on multiple clusters, to ensure
reproducibility of neuroimaging analyses across computing systems, to reduce
errors, and to enable elastic provisioning of computing resources on cloud
platforms.

A list of upcoming seminars can be found at :
http://www.mcgill.ca/bme/news/seminars

See you there

Christophe Grova

***************************
Christophe Grova, PhD
Assistant Professor
Biomedical Engineering Dpt
Neurology and Neurosurgery Dpt

Montreal Neurological Institute
Centre de Recherches Mathématiques

Biomedical Engineering Department - Room 304
McGill University
3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 2B4
email : christophe.grova at mcgill.ca
tel : (514) 398 2516
fax : (514) 398 7461

web: