[MINC-users] 6-parameter fitting with minctracc

EJ Nikelski nikelski at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Sat Feb 20 12:36:14 EST 2010

Hi all,

  I need some validation and/or suggestions (or both?).  I have
subject scans (T1) for which each subject was scanned multiple times
(same scanner), at difference points in time.  For each subject, some
of the scans were acquired within the same scanning sessions, some
were acquired within a 6-month window.

     I would like to combine the scans to give me the best SNR for
Civet processing.  I've tried specifying one of the scans as the
"target" and then using "mritoself" to align all others to it; all
aligned scans and the "target" would then be mincaverage'd.  The
results are OK, but not splendid, as Civet spits up during tissue
classification on one of the averaged volumes, although the
non-averaged scans go through without error.  I'm using defaults for
the mritoself call, plus "-nocrop".

    Does anyone have any experience in this. Ideas? Suggestions?
Magical incantations?

Thanks,

-Jim

--