[MINC-development] Re: time for 1.1?

Steve ROBBINS minc-development@bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:58:38 -0500

Howdy,

Bert and I are pleased to announce the first pre-release of MINC 1.1.

Since the whole build system has been revamped, I'm making a
PRE-release source package available at

    www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/~stever/Software/Prerelease

The package now uses automake and libtool, so the build should be
a conventional "./configure; make" procedure.  I'd be grateful if
folks could test out the build and let me know of any rough spots.
Please be sure to run "make check" and let me know if any of the
checks fail.

The build docs in README and GETTING_STARTED are not yet updated,
so just ignore them.

If you have netcdf in a weird location, e.g. /opt/foo/{include,lib},
configure using --with-build-path=/opt/foo .

We haven't put any energy into the fortran stuff.  If the FORTRAN
bindings are important to you, let us know!

-Steve