[Loris-dev] CentOS 8 and Loris

Julie Ashworth, HWNI Computing Support support-cirl at berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 12 16:17:53 EST 2021

Thanks Dave,
There are many groups taking over development of Centos8, so I thinks it's
incorrect to say that it's discontinued. The most active group is Rocky
linux, started by Greg Kurtzer, who also founded the original CentOS
project 15 years ago.
https://rockylinux.org/

I have no personal interest in using php-fpm. I was following the centos7
instructions to install php-fpm, but there was an apache error
expecting mod_php.
I'm happy to install mod_php but that is not documnted in the centos7
instructions.
To be honest, I'm really disappointed in the loris documentation and that
my emails aren't being read carefully.