[Loris-dev] upload_file.pl issue

Ioannis Pappas ioannis at berkeley.edu
Thu Sep 17 21:54:47 EDT 2020

Hi Nicolas.

Apologies for the late reply but I wanted to look into it more with the kind help of Julie (our sys admin). For your information the exact error is this:

Can't cd to (/tmp/ImagingUpload-15-8-Z8Hax5/) BR013_243782_V1: Permission denied
at /data/loris-mri/bin/mri/uploadNeuroDB/NeuroDB/ImagingUpload.pm line 202.

However, I can write in /tmp no problem e.g.

[lorisadmin at loris ~]$ mkdir /tmp/ImagingUpload-15-8-Z8Hax5/
[lorisadmin at loris ~]$ ls -ld /tmp/ImagingUpload-15-8-Z8Hax5/
drwxrwxr-x 2 lorisadmin lorisadmin 4096 Sep 17 15:14 /tmp/ImagingUpload-15-8-Z8Hax5/

I think that the problem is that the perl script doesn’t make the temporary directory after unzipping in /tmp and then all of sudden it wants to cd there (that’s why I get “permission denied” it just doesn’t exist).
My .zip (BR013_243782_V1.zip) contains one folder (BR013_243782_V1) of .dcm files for simplicity. Should there be some internal structure there (or something else in terms of naming)?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Ioannis