[Loris-dev] Imaging Uploader Failing File Verification

Eli Johnson joh17964 at umn.edu
Thu Jul 23 23:50:23 EDT 2020

Hi,

Using LORIS v23.0 on RHEL 7, accessing LORIS front end from Chrome.

I'm currently setting up the LORIS-MRI and imaging modules for LORIS. I am
running into an issue with the Imaging Uploader on the front end where it
is returning the error message "The file TEST111_986793_testing1.zip is not
of type .tgz, .tar.gz or .zip." When checking the error-log from the back
end I'm seeing...

PHP Warning:  mime_content_type(): Empty filename or path in
/<basepath>/modules/imaging_uploader/php/imaging_uploader.class.inc on line
646, referer: http://<site>/imaging_uploader

Upon further investigation into imaging_uploader.class.inc, the function
isCompressed() is being passed an empty string from isValid(). IsValid is
passing it $temp_file, defined in $temp_file=$file->fileInfo['tmp_name'],
but this is also an empty string. So I'm trying to figure out at what stage
'tmp_name' should be defined for $file->fileInfo but I am struggling to
track it down. I checked what was being passed in $file->setHandlerArgs and
it contains this:

Array
(
    [IsPhantom] => N
    [candID] => 986793
    [pSCID] => TEST111
    [visitLabel] => testing1
    [mriFile] => Array
        (
            [name] => TEST111_986793_testing1.zip
            [type] =>
            [tmp_name] =>
            [error] => 7
            [size] => 0
        )
)

Any suggestions on how to get the uploader working? I have verified that
the MRIUploadIncomingPath variable is set appropriately and is an existing,
writable directory. I also am able to successfully upload the same zip file
from the back end.

Thanks,
Eli

Eli Johnson