[Loris-dev] Regarding the details of the imaging uploading process

Ioannis Pappas ioannis at berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 22 19:46:25 EDT 2020

Dear Loris support.

I hope this finds you well. I would like to ask you some basic questions on the dicoms upload process as I am slowly introducing myself to Loris.

1) Given that a subject exists in the database (with a certain PSCID and CandID), with respect to running the imaging_upload_file.pl -profile prod -upload_id $UploadIDID /PATH/TO/UPLOAD/PSCID_CandID_VisitLabel_OptionalSuffix.zip -verbose what is the relationship between the upload_id and the patient? Is a row in the mri_upload table being created when this command is executed or there is something that I need to manually do (e.g. create an id, point to the path etc.)? Does the /PATH/TO/UPLOAD have to be explicitly defined in the Configuration->Paths (e.g. /data/incoming) for it to be valid?

2) I am confused as to how the scans are parsed. Say that I have a .zip with dicoms of one subject. From my understanding the parsing is based on either the regex of the series description or the scan parameter values range lying in mri_protocol. Is that true? In turn, given that this is successful, is the scan being aliased with a certain name as defined in the mri_scan_type?

I appreciate your help during these troubled times.
Ioannis