[Loris-dev] Troubleshooting Imaging Browser not loading for 22.0.0 release

Ling Ma lingyun.ma at mcin.ca
Tue Feb 25 07:19:59 EST 2020

Hi Blake,

The $modalities_subquery seems to be the only place where it is possible to
create a wrong SQL when this variable is empty and when the Loris-MRI is
not installed, which will create a favorite environment for image_browser.
I am wondering what your MySQL server version is, version 5.7 or above? If
yes, what is the step you have taken to install Loris? If you have followed
the exact installation instructions, then I am wondering whether you could
share your zipped database dump, which should not be big since this is a
new installation, so that we could investigate what has happened. Thanks a
lot and sorry for the trouble.

Another possibility is to check the MySQL parameters used in sql_mode?
Which could be checked via "SELECT @@sql_mode;", could you also check that
value? What is the value you see? Since image_browser uses a relatively
complicated query, it is possible that a parameter might make the syntax
not valid.

Best regards,
Ling Ma
Dev consultant.