[Loris-dev] Import mri - scripts

Christine Rogers, Ms. christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 19 12:57:19 EDT 2019

Hi Sotirios,

We recommend that you use our existing tools for creating new candidates - either the LORIS API or if you are using a PHP script, by calling the Candidate class's createNew() <https://github.com/aces/Loris/blob/master/php/libraries/Candidate.class.inc#L200> function.  These will create the necessary records for you.  (It's not recommended to make direct modifications to mysql database tables in your script, if I understand you.)

The CandID should be a randomized 6 digit randomized ID, and there are multiple reasons for this.
You can use the PSCID for project-specific IDs and the External ID field in the candidate table can also be used for any values you like.
Additionally, any number of custom IDs can be added in parallel - these are entered/visible in the Candidate Information module and added in the back-end as candidate parameters.

Best,
Christine