[Loris-dev] LORIS - v21.0.3 (Ubuntu Base 16.04.6) - CRU

Dave MacFarlane dave.macfarlane at mcin.ca
Thu Nov 14 14:45:17 EST 2019

The Makefile uses git to generate the VERSION file based on what's checked
out. Since it looks like you didn't get the code via git, you can trick it
into skipping that step by manually creating a file named "VERSION" in the
root of the LORIS directory so that it thinks it's already up to date.

Regarding your follow up email: you should run `make` with no arguments in
the root of your LORIS directory. If you get the "No targets specified"
error when in the correct directory try "make all" (most versions of make
that I'm aware of use the first target from the Makefile if no argument is
specified, but "make all" is explicit.)

(You should also make sure that you have: 1. composer and 2. npm installed
with a recent enough version according to the README, or the make step will
likely fail.)

- Dave