[Loris-dev] [IPMSA] MINC extent

Cecile Madjar cecile.madjar at mcin.ca
Tue Apr 16 10:08:30 EDT 2019

Dear Alfredo,

This can easily be done using an SQL query since every header present in
the MINC files are inserted into the parameter_file table.

Quick review of the MRI tables' structure (tables that you will need to
query):

   - files => stores the path to the file and some basic information.
   Primary key = FileID
   - parameter_type => stores the data dictionary of LORIS. Primary key =
   ParameterTypeID (all MINC header names can be found in this table when you
   add (WHERE SourceFrom="parameter_file")
   - parameter_file => stores all files MINC header values. Foreign keys to
   the files and parameter_type tables being the FileID and ParameterTypeID
   columns of parameter_file. The Value column would store the MINC header
   value

So basically, to query the files matching a specific value for a MINC
header, you would use a query like this one:

SELECT File, Value
FROM files f
  JOIN parameter_file pf USING (FileID)
  JOIN parameter_type pt USING (ParameterTypeID)
WHERE
  pt.Name="YOUR MINC HEADER NAME HERE"
  AND pf.Value="THE VALUE YOU WANT TO RESTRICT THE QUERY ON"

In blue are the part that you will need to populate based on what you are
looking for. For example, if you want to select all files with a repetition
time of 2000ms, you would use the following values:

   - pt.Name="acquisition:repetition_time"
   - pf.Value="2000"

Hope this helps. Let me know if something is not clear or if you have
additional questions.

Best,

Cécile