[Loris-dev] Blank white page

Morales Pinzon, Alfredo AMORALESPINZON at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 6 12:14:41 EST 2017

Hi Christine,

I moved the code to /var/www/loris and changed the 'Base' and 'DownloadPath' in the database. After doing this I had to go again though the db installation (installdb.php). At the end of this step I got a webpage saying:

Almost done! The LORIS username was configured, but the web server wasn't able to write to the file /var/www/loris//project/config.xml. Please copy and paste the following into that file on the server in which this web server is running or contact your system administer for help: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
... </config>

After that you should be able to access LORIS by visiting http://132.206.178.78<http://132.206.178.78/> and logging in with the front end admin username and password you configured on the previous page.

After that modification in the config.xml file I am still not able to access http://132.206.178.78 , I get a blank page (the variables Base has the right path in the new database that I had to create). Moreover if I go to http://132.206.178.78<http://132.206.178.78/>/installdb.php I can still start the database configuration process, before it was saying that an instance of LORIS was already configured.

Here is what I have in the apache log (/var/log/apache2/loris-error.log)

[Mon Nov 06 12:05:39.773502 2017] [:error] [pid 16522] [client 170.223.207.30:23171] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ConfigurationException: Config file config.xml does not exist in the defined locations. in /var/www/loris/php/libraries/NDB_Config.class.inc:146\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/loris/php/libraries/NDB_Config.class.inc(73): NDB_Config->configFilePath()\n#1 /var/www/loris/php/libraries/NDB_Factory.class.inc(118): NDB_Config::singleton(NULL)\n#2 /var/www/loris/php/libraries/NDB_Client.class.inc(54): NDB_Factory->config(NULL)\n#3 /var/www/loris/htdocs/main.php(29): NDB_Client->initialize()\n#4 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/loris/php/libraries/NDB_Config.class.inc on line 146

Any ideas?

Best,
Alfredo.