[Loris-dev] using media module through front end

Carolina Makowski carolina.mak3 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 17:15:28 EDT 2017

Hi there,
I have a question about properly setting up the Media Module in LORIS. I am
having trouble uploading a file through the front end of the database.
I have gone through the readme in the /modules directory, and have ensured
my path in the front end Configuration module matches where the data is
expected to come in (i.e. /data/uploads/) and I have ensured /data/uploads
has 775 permission and www-data permissions.

On the front end, the file is uploading and the progress bar reaches 100%,
but at this point nothing happens and progress simply stalls there (not
sure if a "successfully uploaded" message or something of the like is
supposed to appear here). Moving to the Browse tab shows that nothing was
uploaded. It is only a 200K file and is well within the upload limits we
set for our database.

I know this is a relatively new module - let me know if something jumps out
at you here. Thanks!

Carolina