[Loris-dev] populating Visit_Windows based on administration of baseline test battery, not age

Carolina Makowski carolina.mak3 at gmail.com
Wed May 3 17:49:41 EDT 2017

Hi,
I was wondering what the correct syntax would be when populating the
Visit_Windows table for a longitudinal study that bases optimal visit
windows against the baseline timepoint, and not necessarily based on age.
For example, if I have two visits (baseline [V1] and 6-month follow up
[V2]) and the optimal time window for the 6-month follow-up is within 60
days, would it be correct to populate Visit_Windows with the following for
the 6-month follow up?

INSERT INTO Visit_Windows (Visit_label,  WindowMinDays, WindowMaxDays,
OptimumMinDays, OptimumMaxDays, WindowMidpointDays) VALUES (‘V2’, ‘120’,
’240’, ‘120’, ’240’, ’180’);

I suspect something is missing here in terms of specifying the calculation
based on the baseline assessment date.
Also, is it possible to list the window for the baseline visit as NULL, or
would you recommend going with what is outlined on the wiki page (i.e. 0
and 39999)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Carolina