[Loris-dev] importing MINC files into LORIS - registerFile.pl script ?

Mouna Safi-Harab mouna.safi-harb at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 28 10:24:31 EDT 2017

Hi Pisti,

When you register a MINC file into the database, you should be able to store whatever MINC header is in the MINC file itself. So if the conversion from DICOM to MINC resulted in some loss, this will be reflected in the database (in other words, the database can only store the extent of what is in the MINC file, and comparing this to a DICOM starting point is dependent on the dcm2mnc conversion, not Loris).

Regarding your second question, I know there is a few important things on the API development/improvement roadmap, one of which is uploading DICOMs and launching the pipeline through the API, however, I am not sure that end of summer is the projected completion time. I was under the impression that downloading DICOMs is more feasible by the end of the summer than uploading and inserting through the API, but I could be wrong. Xavier, Dave, and Samir which are on this email list can comment on the API timelines and priorities better than me.

- Mouna