[Loris-dev] adding a new project to LORIS ?

Gregory Luneau gluneau.mcin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 10:29:39 EDT 2017

Hello Pisti, the project directory should be owned by the same user that
you used to run the install.

Did you create a lorisadmin user?

If so, you can run this command to fix the ownership:
sudo chown lorisadmin.lorisadmin /var/www/loris/project

As for the previous question, It does look like you were able to create a
project.
Then you tried to create a new project with the same name, and loris is
preventing you from doing that.

You may just need to reload the page and look for the new project name on
the left, above the "New ProjectID" link.

I would suggest you look at what was created in your mysql database:
select * from Project

You can modify what you find there as well.

Good day,
Greg

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 1:24 PM, István Ákos Mórocz <istvan.morocz at mcgill.ca
> wrote:

> could this explain my probelm ?   root ownership ?
>
>     drwxrwx---  8 root  www-data  4096 Jul 11 20:02 project
>

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2017, István Ákos Mórocz wrote:
>
> dear LORIS folks,
>>
>> how do i add new PROJECTS to a brandnew LORIS db ?  the LORIS GUI
>> seems to hold onto 'New Project' so that i can't specificy any new
>> project names :
>>
>>    "failed to save, same name already exists!"
>>
>> pushing the 'NewProjectID' button does not help either.
>>
>> 'Use projects' is enabled on the Study configuration page.  i also
>> 'refreshed' that page, as per instructions.
>>
>> any help ?  bye, pisti
>>

>> specs : mini-Ubuntu 16.04 VM on VirtualBox, Loris 17.0.5
>>

>>  ,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._
>> '
>> :        http://noisis.com
>> `    istvan.morocz at noisis.com
>> :        +1-514-927-1169
>> :    istvan.morocz at mcgill.ca
>> :  http://cafe.spl.harvard.edu
>> ,    http://www.pistikem.org
>> :       pistikem at gmail.com
>> .
>>  `~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`"
>>

>   ,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._
>  '
> :        http://noisis.com
>  `    istvan.morocz at noisis.com
>  :        +1-514-927-1169
>  :    istvan.morocz at mcgill.ca
>  :  http://cafe.spl.harvard.edu
>  ,    http://www.pistikem.org
> :       pistikem at gmail.com
>  .

Gregory Luneau

McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience (MCIN),
Ludmer Centre for Neuroinformatics and Mental Health,
Montreal Neurological Institute (MNI),
McGill University, Montreal, Canada