[Loris-dev] Similar instruments for different cohorts

Christine Rogers christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
Fri Aug 25 15:46:15 EDT 2017

Hi Muhammad,

In general, we'd recommend creating one instrument to administer to both
cohort/subproject populations, particularly given that one version is a
proper subset of the other.
As you mention, certain questions can be automatically marked NULL.

There are a few reasons for this best practice, but the key reasons all
boil down to clarity and compatibility of data, whether in the Data
Dictionary or when using the Data Querying Tool for dissemination, or
reproducing an analysis years later.

Christine
On behalf of the LORIS team

christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience | MCIN.ca
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University | Montreal | Canada