[Loris-dev] Help: MaxCenters = 255

Morales Pinzon, Alfredo AMORALESPINZON at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 22 14:32:47 EDT 2017

Dear LORIS team and users,

I was testing the insertion of Centers and I got an error referring to the CenterID of table psc. This CenterID is defined as a tinyint(2) and has a maximum value of 255 (see https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/integer-types.html). In my project, we will handle hundreds of Centers. Is it possible to easily migrate the database to change this CenterID as SMALL INT or MEDIUM INT?

Here is the error:

mysql> insert into psc(Name,Alias,MRI_Alias) values ('test_1238-UCD','CAB','CAB');
ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry '255' for key 'PRIMARY'

mysql> describe psc;
+------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field      | Type                | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+------------+---------------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| CenterID   | tinyint(2) unsigned | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| Name       | varchar(150)        | NO   | UNI |         |                |
| PSCArea    | varchar(150)        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| Address    | varchar(150)        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| City       | varchar(150)        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| StateID    | tinyint(2) unsigned | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| ZIP        | varchar(12)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| Phone1     | varchar(12)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| Phone2     | varchar(12)         | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| Contact1   | varchar(150)        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| Contact2   | varchar(150)        | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| Alias      | char(3)             | NO   |     |         |                |
| MRI_alias  | varchar(4)          | NO   |     |         |                |
| Account    | varchar(8)          | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
| Study_site | enum('N','Y')       | YES  |     | Y       |                |
15 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Regards,
Alfredo Morales Pinzon

dispose of the e-mail.