[Loris-dev] Project customization and minc insertion

David MacFarlane, Mr david.macfarlane2 at mcgill.ca
Tue Apr 4 14:18:40 EDT 2017

hi Michael,

Even if you're only working with MINCs, I would still recommend starting from the DICOMs for LORIS in order to have the raw data for provenance.

The dicomTar script puts it into a consistent format that the LORIS imaging scripts can process, and the LORIS imaging scripts will automatically convert it to MINC as well performing checks on the protocol, and mapping the scan type of the file to the LORIS mri_scan_types table.

The minc_insertion.pl script is what the LORIS tarchive pipeline uses under the hood and would probably be the best place to start if you need to start from the MINCs, but isn't generally intended to be directly run from users, so you'd most likely have to look up how the other scripts are calling it to see how it should be used.