[Loris-dev] UBUNTU LORIS/MAchine requirements

Christine Rogers christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 19 16:00:56 EDT 2015

Hi Naj,
In our webpage (www.loris.ca) under the section "Technical Framework and
Requirements" -- we have listed the key technical specs for a server on
which a typical Loris instance will be installed.

For the latest release of LORIS (15.04, Spring 2015) and its package
installation pre-requisites, please see the Readme tagged for that release
: https://github.com/aces/Loris/tree/v15.4k

To generate an initial space estimate for a new instance of Loris, we
recommend tripling the estimated size of your raw imaging data, to
accommodate backups and data stored in multiple formats (e.g. MINC and
NIfTI, raw and processed).   Be sure to anticipate needs for longitudinal
data storage if imaging data is to be acquired at multiple time-points over
the lifespan of a project or institution.
For example:  200 study participants * 3 data collection time-points *
500MB data per MRI session * 3 (tripled) -> 1 TB (rounded up)
Any plans to house genetic data (summary results or compressed datasets)
would add a further consideration for size requirements.

Best,
Christine
on behalf of the Loris Team

christine.rogers at mcgill.ca
LORIS data systems | loris.ca
McGill Centre for Integrative Neuroscience| MCIN.ca
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University | Montreal | Canada