[Loris-dev] Regarding Loris installation

Ramanandan Prabhakaran ramanandan.prabhakaran at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:11:10 EST 2015

Dear
​Loris developers
,

I tried installing the LORIS from Github in ubuntu.

As per the installation section, I performed following things
1) C
​reated
 LINUX user (emruser) and created EMR base directory.
2) Downloaded the LORIS file from rel
​e​
ase section and extracted it to "/var/www/emr"
3) Then I installed following dependencies (Smarty3 and Composer)
    3.1) Installing smarty3
           $ sudo apt-get install smarty3
    3.2) Installing composer
           emradmin at jsn-HP-Pavilion-g6-1c33ca:~$ curl -sS
https://getcomposer.org/installer | php;
           emradmin at jsn-HP-Pavilion-g6-1c33ca:~$ sudo mv composer.phar
/usr/local/bin/composer
           emradmin at jsn-HP-Pavilion-g6-1c33ca:~$ composer install
           *Composer could not find a composer.json file in /home/emradmin*
*           To initialize a project, please create a composer.json file as
described in the https://getcomposer.org/ <https://getcomposer.org/>
"Getting Started" section*
4) Then moved to following directory path
     4.1) emradmin at jsn-HP-Pavilion-g6-1c33ca:~$ cd /var/www/emr/tools

     4.2) emradmin at jsn-HP-Pavilion-g6-1c33ca:~$ ./install.sh
            LORIS installation Script starting at 2015-12-04 (Attached the
installation log file)
            Project name  : emr
            Database name : emrdb
            Database host : localhost
            MySQL user  (recommended lorisuser): emruser
            Where Loris' apache is hosted: localhost
            *But Benchmarj-1.2.9.tgz file could not be downloaded.*
            Finally I got "Installation complete" message.
5) Then executed following command
     5.1) $ sudo service apache2 reload
6) Then I tried in firefox, http://localhost. The page was blank.

Can you please guide me in resolving this issue.

Cheers,
Ram