[Loris-dev] loris install.sh

Ryan Muetzel muet0005 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:11:25 EDT 2014

Dear Loris experts,

I'm trying to install loris on an ubuntu vm (vmware fusion, ubuntu 14.04). I created a fork to my git account on Saturday (thus I think a relatively recent version).

I'm at the point in the installation guide (google doc) where you run ./install.sh from the tools folder.  All previous steps (I think) went smoothly.

Here is the message I get when running the install script:

########

Ready to continue? [yn] y

Enter project name: genr
Could not find schema file; make sure the current directory is in tools/ under the distribution.

########

I assumed that this point was custom to each site....in our case, our study name "genr" could be used.

In the installation script, I see a conditional statement looking for some SQL code:

# Check that we're running in the proper directory structure.
if [ ! -f ../../$projectname/SQL/0000-00-00-schema.sql ] ; then
    echo "Could not find schema file; make sure the current directory is in tools/ under the distribution."
    exit 2
fi

The only folder in "../../" is the "loris" folder that was created in the first step of the guide (i.e., sudo mkdir -m 775 -p /var/www/loris).  So, when I specify a project name of "genr", this of course doesn't exist yet....the only project name I can specify here, I think without first creating the new structure myself, is "loris"?

I must be missing something very simple here?  Are there prior steps I'm missing where I need to create a project folder and add sql information?

Thank you in advance for your time and help and sorry for such a newbie question!

Best,

Ryan