[BIC-announce] Unlimited scanning with MEG-Infinity - reloaded.

Sylvain Baillet sylvain.baillet at mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 14 11:24:57 EST 2021

*** with correct pricing and my apologies.
—

Dear All:

Following a successful pilot phase over 2019-20, I am pleased to announce that the MEG-Infinity scanning subscription program is being extended for another year, effective when scanning operations are authorized to resume. We have revised the terms to encourage investigators who are new to MEG to adopt the technique. In the spirit of the Neuro’s institutional policies, we continue to promote the adoption of open data sharing with significant pricing discounts.

The MEG-infinity program is a subscription-based billing model that enables high-powered neuroscience research, encourages the adoption of open-science practices, and maximizes the impact of research funds.

MEG-infinity offers unlimited 24/7 access to MEG scanning against the payment of a flat subscription fee, valid over a 6-month period from the first booking. The subscription is for one study, with an unlimited number of participants (cross-sectional design) and/or sessions (longitudinal design).

The rates apply to MEG certified users who have been trained and approved to operate the system without assistance. The certification program requires 3 hours of data collection and training, from the study of interest, at the regular hourly rate of $500/hour. Once obtained, the certification is valid for all future studies run by the same operator.

Regular 6-month subscription rates
25% discount, with immediate data sharing in OMEGA*
New MEG PI
$15,000
$11,250
Returning MEG PI
$25,000
$18,750

* OMEGA (the Open MEG Archives) is an open data repository managed by the BIC's MEG Unit.

There is an additional $5,000 flat fee for studies that also use EEG simultaneously with MEG (up to 61 electrodes).

Studies that require full assistance from our MEG staff for data collection remain at the hourly rate ($500/hour, $400/hour with user certification). Current BIC cancellation policies apply, with special attention against booking-cancelling several blocks of time at once.

We foresee that the MEG-infinity program will continue to enable approaching exciting neuroscience questions concerning the neural dynamics of brain systems in health and disease, with high-powered studies yielding robust results.

As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you are have questions.

Best wishes,

Sylvain.
-
Sylvain Baillet, PhD
Professor, Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University
@sylvain_baillet<https://twitter.com/sylvain_baillet> | new lab website<https://www.neurospeed-bailletlab.org/>

[cid:10D96DAC-7DE0-4A50-8EB1-EFB36F1E9A8C]