[BIC-announce] MEG operations under present circumstances.

Sylvain Baillet, Dr sylvain.baillet at mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 16 15:51:27 EDT 2020

Dear BIC community:

Following the announcement that all non-essential lab research activities are cancelled until further notice, Marc and I  have decided to warm up the MEG system to save on helium costs and minimize in-person interventions on the premises.

We will also seize this opportunity to schedule the system's maintenance visit as soon as access restrictions are lifted.

The implication is that the MEG system will be down a few more weeks beyond strictly required by the pandemic response measures, but we will strive to minimize downtime and negative impact on research projects.  For instance, current Infinity subscribers will see their access period extended for the duration of the MEG system downtime.

Marc  <marc.lalancette2 at mcgill.ca<mailto:marc.lalancette2 at mcgill.ca>> and I are, as always, available if you have questions or concerns.

Sylvain.
-
Sylvain Baillet, PhD
Professor, Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University
- > more<https://www.mcgill.ca/neuro/sylvain-baillet-phd>