[BIC-announce] Extended scanning hours on 3T MRI Starting May 7

Doyon Julien julien.doyon at umontreal.ca
Mon Apr 30 12:32:15 EDT 2018

Excellent.

Thanks to Rick and the MRI Tech team.

Julien

From: <bic-announce-bounces at bic.mni.mcgill.ca<mailto:bic-announce-bounces at bic.mni.mcgill.ca>> on behalf of "Richard Hoge, Dr." <rick.hoge at mcgill.ca<mailto:rick.hoge at mcgill.ca>>
Date: Monday, April 30, 2018 at 12:15 PM
To: BIC Announcements <bic-announce at bic.mni.mcgill.ca<mailto:bic-announce at bic.mni.mcgill.ca>>
Subject: [BIC-announce] Extended scanning hours on 3T MRI Starting May 7

Dear all,

I have received many comments from MRI researchers regarding the very full schedule of the 3T MRI.  In hopes of alleviating this, we will be extending 3T operations to allow booking of scan sessions that finish up to 9:30pm (as opposed to the current closing time of 6:30pm).  The extended hours will start on Monday May 7, and be maintained so long as demand for the system warrants it.  Note that, on days when staffing is reduced due to vacations etc, it may be necessary to revert to the current 6:30pm ending time.

Unlike weekend scanning, there will be no overtime fee charged for these later slots.  However, if the later end time results in morning slots being unused, we may revisit this arrangement.

It may take a few days for BIC Administrators to update the 3T Booking Calendar Display to reflect the extended hours, but I am told it will be possible to adopt workarounds for booking in the meantime.  You may thus start to make late bookings for May 7 or later, effective immediately.

This initiative will extend available 3T hours from the current 10.5 hours/day (contiguous) to 13.5 hours/day.  I would like to thank our outstanding MRI technologists for their constant efforts to provide the best possible service to the MRI research community, and hope that these additional hours will be well used.

Sincerely,

Rick

---
Rick Hoge, Ph.D.
Director, MRI Program
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute
Associate Professor and Killam Scholar, Dept. of Neurology & Neurosurgery
Associate Member, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
McGill University
rick.hoge at mcgill.ca<mailto:rick.hoge at mcgill.ca>
514-398-1929