[BIC-announce] 3T MRI Upgrade

Rick Hoge rick.hoge at mcgill.ca
Tue Feb 28 07:20:25 EST 2017

Dear all,

The 3T was ramped down last Friday, and we will be proceeding with the system upgrade over the coming weeks.  We remain on track to place the system back into service by Monday, April 10.

The area surrounding the exterior quench pipes (venting into Molson Stadium) will be temporarily secured with steel construction fencing and warning signage posted.  The latter measures will allow Siemens to re-activate the magnet immediately when the upgrade is completed, which will be followed by two weeks of commissioning and training (ending April 10).  McGill facilities expects to complete permanent upgrades to the exterior quench plumbing by the end of April - it will be necessary to briefly ramp down both the 1.5T and 3T scanners for completion of this work.

I would like to thank our users for their patience during this process, and look forward to offering the new capabilities of the Prisma this spring.

Sincerely,

Rick

---
Rick Hoge, Ph.D.
Program Director for MRI
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre, Montreal Neurological Institute
Associate Professor, Dept. of Neurology & Neurosurgery
Associate Member, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
McGill University
rick.hoge at mcgill.ca
514-398-1929