[BIC-announce] Feedback on prior 3T MRI upgrade experiences

Rick Hoge rick.hoge at mcgill.ca
Wed May 18 16:54:24 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I would like to thank those of you who have send information on their active studies to Mike, and remind others to please do so as quickly as possible.  Ideally we would like to receive this information by the end of the day tomorrow, in order to present the clearest possible picture in Friday’s meeting.

I would also like to solicit feedback on your experience with past upgrades, especially at the BIC.  In particular, I would appreciate it if each PI (or a delegate) could address the following questions:

1)  Did you have MRI studies that spanned the previous upgrade of the BIC 3T in 2009?

2)  Did that upgrade pose any difficulties in terms of pooling data for analysis?

3)  Were you able to publish papers based on data acquired both before and after the upgrade?

4)  Did the change in scanner platform impede the publication of data in any way?

5)  Please let us know of any measures you took to control for the mixture of pre- and post-upgrade data, and indicate whether you felt these were effective.

Please email the above information to Ilana Leppert (ilana.leppert at mcgill.ca <mailto:ilana.leppert at mcgill.ca>) with me in cc.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Rick