[BIC-announce] New BIC core staff: Ms Qian Ying (Sandy) Li

Sylvain Baillet, Dr sylvain.baillet at mcgill.ca
Mon May 11 12:36:18 EDT 2015

Dear All:

It is my great pleasure to wish a warm welcome to Ms Qian Ying (Sandy) Li, as a new Research Assistant to our Cyclotron team. Sandy has obtained her Bachelor degree in Biochemistry from McGill University. Her first profesional experience has been with Agat Laboratories, as Analytical Chemist. She then completed her training with a Masters degree in Chemistry at Concordia University in 2012. Her research project focused on the development of bimodal nanoparticles based contrast agents for MRI and optical imaging. She now specializes in the synthesis of lanthanide complexes, lanthanide doped nanoparticles and the surface functionalization of nanoparticles for biological application. Sandy is the newest recruit of our Cyclotron unit: her primary role is with the synthesis of FDG radiopharmaceutical for PET imaging.

For more information concerning our Cyclotron operations, visit: https://www.mcgill.ca/bic/core-facilities/pet-cyclotron

Please join me in welcoming Sandy to the BIC community!

Sylvain.

[cid:F0977DE4-E816-457E-81B1-1123C1224CAF]

Sylvain Baillet, PhD

Professor, Neurology, Neurosurgery & Biomedical Engineering
Acting Director, McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
MNI Killam and FRQS Senior Scholar
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University
http://mcgill.ca/bic