[BIC-announce] SAVE THE DATE - Montreal Bilingual Brain Initiative Symposium: Multiple Perspectives on Bilingualism and the Brain - May 28 & 29, 2015

Deborah Rashcovsky debbie.rashcovsky at mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 4 09:21:04 EST 2014

SAVE THE DATE! May 28 & 29, 2015
Montreal Bilingual Brain Initiative Symposium: Multiple Perspectives on Bilingualism and the Brain
Montreal Neurological Institute

On behalf of the Organizing Committee: Denise Klein, Shari Baum and Vince Gracco

The bilingual brain is of great interest to the field of neuroscience as it offers a window into questions about how our brains are shaped by experience. This international symposium on bilingualism and the brain aims to address the neural underpinnings of bilingual brain organization and issues around brain development and plasticity. Thanks to the generosity of The Blema and Arnold Steinberg Family Foundation, Centre for Research on Brain Language and Music (CRBLM) and an FRQSC Team Grant, we will bring together experts from multiple domains of neuroscience to shed light on current views of how experience influences brain function and structure from the developing brain through to old age and how we might understand brain plasticity in health and in disease. In addition to local experts, we are pleased to feature international keynote speakers including Jubin Abutalebi (Italy), Jenny Crinion (UK), Narly Golestani (Switzerland), and Gigi Luk (USA).

Debbie

Deborah Rashcovsky
Internal Events and Conference Administrator

[neuro]

Montreal
Neurological
Institute and