[BIC-announce] Survey regarding renaming the "BIC Lecture Series" to honour Dr. William Feindel

Zografos 'Aki' CARAMANOS caramanos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 02:29:08 EST 2014

Hello,

As you may know, Dr. William Feindel, former Director of the Neuro (1972
-1984) and Founding Director of the McConnell Brain Imaging Centre (BIC,
1984-88), passed away quietly on January 12, 2014.

Dr. Feindel's presence and contribution will be greatly missed at our
weekly BIC Lectures <http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/Seminars/BICLectureSeries>,
where he almost always asked the final, most-germane question of the day:
one that usually bridged the clinical and research realms, and that brought
together the past, the present, and the future of brain science.

As a member of the extended BIC Community, please visit our online
survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TPMTX2D>and let us know if you
agree with a recent suggestion to rename our "BIC
Lecture Series" to honour Dr. Feindel.

Two suggestions include:
- the "BIC-Feindel Lecture Series".
- the "The Feindel Lecture Series @ the BIC".

Visit our SurveyMonkey site <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TPMTX2D> to
vote for your favourite, or to suggest another title for consideration, as
well as to share any thoughts and memories you may have about Dr. Feindel.

Thank you for your input, and please encourage your colleagues at the BIC
and the Neuro, current and past, to add their input as well.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any further
information,
Aki

PS - For more information on Dr. Feindel, please visit:
-
http://publications.mcgill.ca/reporter/2014/01/dr-william-feindel-1918-2014/
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Feindel
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MoZ-5OhUC8
- http://www.behance.net/gallery/Neuro-portraits-William-Feindel/10906655

--
Zografos Caramanos, M.A.

Research Assistant, Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit
Ph.D. Student, Integrated Program in Neuroscience

McConnell Brain Imaging Centre,
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University
3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 2B4
(phone) 514-299-8160;  (fax) 514-398-2975
(e-mail) zografos.caramanos at mcgill.ca
(web)  Google-scholar<http://scholar.google.ca/citations?sortby=pubdate&hl=en&user=BcVBulQAAAAJ&view_op=list_works>
   www.zcaramanos.com