[BIC-announce] BIC Workshops Survey

Martha Shiell martha.shiell at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 23 14:57:40 EDT 2013

The BIC is always welcoming new researchers with different backgrounds.
Many of these newcomers are lacking basic skills to get started.

Graduate students Martha Shiell and Melanie Segado have teamed up with
François Tadel and Sylvain Baillet to improve computer training in BIC
users. We are starting a workshop program that will cover basic computer
skills, BIC tools, and widely-used outside software. This week, we are
surveying BIC members to assess the needs of the community. Our first
workshops will begin this fall, and hopefully become annual events that we
can fine-tune to the needs of the community. Our goal is to get new
BIC-users up-and-running like a well-oiled machine!

Please help us by completing this quick survey, by Friday September 27th.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JYQ88GS