[BIC-announce] Final call - BIC site visit + BBQ: everyone is welcome to attend

Sylvain Baillet, Dr sylvain.baillet at mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 9 11:01:08 EDT 2013

Hi everyone:

Please plan on attending and participating to tomorrow morning's BIC General Assembly in the context of our site review;  final schedule is below.
Our visitors are:
Dr Richard Carson: Head of PET Unit, Yale University;
Dr Bruce Rosen: Director, A. Martinos Centre for Biomedical Imaging, Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts General Hospital.

Remember that we're having a BiCBQ this coming Friday Sept 13: 12:00-14:00 on the BTRC terrace.
Rain is announced so we may not go for grilling. However, let's stick to the plan and proceed with the following potluck formula:

Your last name starts with A-H: please bring a salad/dish for 3 people
Your last name starts with I-P:  please bring a dessert for 3 people
Your last name starts with Q-Z: please bring beverages for 3 people

In case of rain, we'll gather around the Helene Penfield atrium.

Have a great week everyone!

Best wishes,

Sylvain.
-----

(de Granpré Communication Centre; Session open to all BIC staff and students)

0830–0835 : Welcome (Dr Guy Rouleau: MNI Director)
0835–0850 : BIC overview: recent achievements, challenges & vision moving forward (Baillet)
0850–0900 : Discussion

0900–1045 : Review of core operations (each: 10min presentation + 5min discussion)
0900–0915 : MRI (Baillet)
0915–0930 : Small-animal MRI (Bedell)
0930–1000 : PET & Radiochemistry (Soucy & Schirrmacher)
1000–1015 : MEG (Baillet)
1015–1030 : Large Scale Neuroinformatics & Computing (Evans, Collins)
1030–1045 : Large-animal imaging (Shmuel)

1045–1100 : Coffee Break (Hélène Penfield atrium)

1100–1135 : Town-hall meeting with students and post-doc trainees (no PIs); MC:

1135–1210 : Town-hall meeting with support staff (RAs, Admin Assistants, Managers, Techs; no PIs)

Sylvain Baillet, PhD

MNI Killam and FRSQ Senior Scholar
Interim Director, McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Director, MEG Research
Associate Professor, Neurology & Neurosurgery
Associate Member, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University