[BIC-announce] BIC Steering Committee: register to vote Oct 07

Sylvain Baillet, Dr sylvain.baillet at mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 3 16:35:04 EDT 2013

Dear All:

Remember: EVERYONE (faculty, admins, techs, managers, students and post-docs) needs to register to be able to vote for their representatives at the BIC Steering Committee (see first call below).
One easy step: send an email BEFORE OCT 07 to Grace <grace.flynn at mcgill.ca<mailto:grace.flynn at mcgill.ca>> and indicate your full name and your supervisor's.

If you do not register, you will not be able to vote: be involved and proactive to improve your work environment!

We are also lacking candidates: we have received only 1 application (for Tech rep) so far. Stand-up and volunteer and don't always count on somebody else's good will! Want to volunteer as candidate? Send an email to Grace with short bio and short statement before Monday 11:59pm.

I we don't have enough candidates, I'll nominate reps for the next 12 months.

I would truly appreciate everyone's collaboration and co-operation on this matter: thanks!

Sylvain.

--

Dear All:

We need to get started with forming the BIC Steering Committee. This is a new operational entity that will be pivotal in our Centre’s everyday operations and represent an opportunity for everyone’s concerns and suggestions to be heard by the Director. The Committee members need to represent all categories of the BIC personnel: Students, Post-docs, Research Assistants, Staff Admins., Techs and Managers, Faculty and our external users. The Committee shall meet on a monthly basis and minutes will be forwarded to all BIC members.

This message is a call for candidates for the following positions:

- One Admin Staff Representative
- Two PI Representatives
- Two Tech/Manager Representatives
- Two Student Representatives
- Two Post-docs/RA’s Representatives

I will nominate two external core users to complete the roster.

If you wish to become candidate for your category of personnel, please send your application (short bio and statement, 1 short paragraph each) to Grace.Flynn at mcgill.ca<mailto:Grace.Flynn at mcgill.ca> by Monday Oct 07.

VERY IMPORTANT - All BIC Members: In order to be able to vote, you need to register by sending your full name, position and supervisor’s name to Grace before Oct 07. We will be holding elections shortly after that.

Looking forward to hearing back from everyone,

Have a great week-end,

Sylvain.

Sylvain Baillet, PhD

MNI Killam and FRSQ Senior Scholar
Interim Director, McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University