[BIC-announce] McBIC'd -- It's Movember 23rd and we are now entering the homestretch!

Zografos 'Aki' CARAMANOS caramanos at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 22:13:36 EST 2013

Hello again,

It's November 23rd and only one week of
Movember<http://ca.movember.com/about/vision-goals> remains.
 One more week to grow a 'stache, have some fun (and/or be laughed at),
and, hopefully, have an everlasting impact on men's health by raising money
and awareness regarding research and care related to testicular and
prostate cancer, as well as issues regarding men's mental health.  Since
2003, it's gone from 30 moustachioed men from Melbourne Australia to over a
million Mo-Bros and Mo-Sistas from all over the world who have raised
almost 150 million dollars!  [See
here<http://www.ted.com/talks/adam_garone_healthier_men_one_moustache_at_a_time.html>for
a charming TED talk by one
of the original Mo-Bros, moustache-farmer Adam Garone, about how Movember
started and how far it has come.]

This year McBIC'd <http://ca.movember.com/team/1346737> is 5 BIC-Unit
moustaches strong (see below) and, so far, we have raised close to $1000.
Please help us reach and, hopefully, surpass last year's total of
$1747!  Donations
to the Movember Foundation can be made online  by visiting our team page (
http://ca.movember.com/team/1346737) or by cash/cheque; donations can be
given to the whole team (or to individual members), and tax receipts will
be issued.

If you are interested, the Movember website
<http://ca.movember.com/?home>is an excellent resource for information
on men's
health issues <http://ca.movember.com/mens-health>, and the
programs<http://ca.movember.com/programs>that the money we are helping
to raise goes to fund.

Finally, see here<http://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_breel_confessions_of_a_depressed_comic.html>
for
a touching TED talk by young comedian Kevin Breel about what it is like to
suffer from depression.

Thank you for your support, and please spread the word!

Team McBIC'd <https://www.movember.com/ca/donate/payment/team_id/1346737>

 Aki CARAMANOS <http://ca.movember.com/mospace/3780225/>
[image: Inline image 1]

AVERY BERMAN <http://ca.movember.com/mospace/2379826/>