[BIC-announce] Three BME seminars scheduled next week

Christophe Grova christophe.grova at mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 22 08:50:33 EST 2013

Dear all,

Exceptionally, we will have a busy week in terms of Biomedical Engineering
Seminars.
I hope you will enjoy talks on these three very different and interesting
topics

Location: Room  333 Lyman Duff Building (Biomedical Engineering Dpt, 3775
University Street).

1) We will have our regular seminar on Wednesday ­ November 27th,  at 1 pm
 Speaker:  Dr. Jidan Zhong PhD, postdoc fellow under the supervision of Dr.
L. Koski,  McGill University.
Title:
Resting state motor network changes associated with motor task performance
in multiple sclerosis
.

2) Because of her visit for 2 days in Montreal, we will have an additional
seminar on Monday  ­ November 5th,  at 4 pm
Speaker:  Silvina Ferradal, PhD candidate under the supervision of Dr.
Culver, Washington University in St. Louis, USA.
Title:
Imaging the developing brain at the bedside with diffuse optical tomography

3) We will have a special seminar on Friday ­ November 29th,  at 9 pm
Speaker:  Dr. Nicole Li PhD,  Assistant Professor, University of
Maryland-College Park, Visiting Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins
University
Title:  T
owards personalized medicine for voice restoration
Dr. Li is candidate for associate membership in Biomedical Engineering
department, so attendance from our staff members and their students is
highly encouraged.

Specific announcements will be sent shortly, see you there,

Christophe Grova

PS: for students registered to BMDE500, students, attendance will be taken
only for the regular seminar on Wednesday, but you are more than wellcome to
attend the other seminars

***************************
Christophe Grova, PhD
Assistant Professor
Biomedical Engineering Dpt
Neurology and Neurosurgery Dpt

Multimodal Functional Imaging Lab (Multi FunkIm)
Montreal Neurological Institute
Centre de Recherches en Mathématiques

Biomedical Engineering Department - Room 304
McGill University
3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada,
H3A 2B4
email : christophe.grova at mcgill.ca<mailto:christophe.grova at mcgill.ca>
tel : (514) 398 2516
fax : (514) 398 7461