[BIC-announce] Seminar in Biomedical Engineering - Wednesday Nov 20th - 1 pm - Room 333

Christophe Grova christophe.grova at mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 20 08:28:39 EST 2013

Dear all,

We will have our next Biomedical Engineering seminar today

Wednesday ­ November 20th,  at 1 pm

Location: Room  333 Lyman Duff Building (Biomedical Engineering Dpt, 3775
University Street).

Speaker:  Soheila Samiee, PhD candidate under the supervision of Dr. S.
Baillet, McConnell Brain Imaging Center, McGill University.

Title:
Measuring On-going Cross-Frequency Phase-Amplitude Coupling in Neural
Oscillations
.

Abstract:
Neural oscillations with different frequencies can interact in several ways.
Recent evidence suggests that this interaction, which is called cross
frequency coupling (CFC), may serve as a functional role in neuronal
communication, computation and memory. Among possible cross frequency
coupling types, modulation of the amplitude of high frequency oscillations
by the phase of a lower frequency rhythm has been received a particular
interest. Several methods for measuring this coupling have been introduced
in the last decade; however, no single method has been chosen as a gold
standard so far.

In this talk, after a brief introduction about CFC, I will review and
compare some available methods for its measurement. Then, I¹ll present some
results from my research project about revealing ongoing cross-frequency
phase-amplitude coupling.

A list of upcoming seminars can be found at :
http://www.mcgill.ca/bme/news/seminars

See you there

Christophe Grova

***************************
Christophe Grova, PhD
Assistant Professor
Biomedical Engineering Dpt
Neurology and Neurosurgery Dpt

Multimodal Functional Imaging Lab (Multi FunkIm)
Montreal Neurological Institute
Centre de Recherches en Mathématiques

Biomedical Engineering Department - Room 304
McGill University
3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada,
H3A 2B4
email : christophe.grova at mcgill.ca <mailto:christophe.grova at mcgill.ca>
tel : (514) 398 2516
fax : (514) 398 7461