[BIC-announce] [TODAY] BIC Lecture Series: Winter-2013 Program (Mon-Mar-25, 1:00 pm, de Grandpré Communications Centre; "Glimpses Into Consciousness From the Ways We Lose It" -- Dr. George Kostopoulos)

Zografos 'Aki' CARAMANOS caramanos at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 00:15:36 EDT 2013

*BIC Lecture Series: Winter-2013 Program*
     *
*

The BIC Lecture
Series<http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/Seminars/BICLectureSeries>
features
informal lectures on brain imaging presented at the McConnell Brain Imaging
Centre <http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/Main/HomePage> (*BIC*) by experts in
the field.  These lectures are open to all.
Please join us for the next BIC Lecture of the season, which will be held
in The Neuro's de Grandpré Communications
Centre<http://neuromedia.mcgill.ca/mnibooking/facdirections/dgccdir.htm>
 (3801
University Street, Montreal, QC, H3A 2B4)* *on *Monday, March the 25th,
starting at 1:00 pm**.*

**

*At that time, Dr. George
Kostopoulos<http://physiology.med.upatras.gr/NU/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&catid=6&Itemid=16>
 **will be presenting us with some of his views on how we can gain glimpses
into consciousness from the ways in which we lose it.  *Please note that
this is a Joint Cognitive Neuroscience Unit and BIC Lecture Series Seminar.

*
*

As you can see below, there is still one empty slot for this season (*April
the 8th*), so please let me know if you, or someone you know, might be
interested in presenting something to the BIC; if not, then we will hold
the second session of "The Brain on TED", which turned out to be very
successful last week.  Please let me know if you would be interested in
moderating such a session on April the 8th, or sometime in the future.  Thank
you in advance for your attention, and please let me know if you have any
questions or comments.

Cheers!
Aki

*BIC Lecture Series: Winter-2013 Program
**BIC Lectures are typically held on Mondays at 1:00 pm in the de Grandpré
Communications Centre of The Neuro.
**For more information and links to the presentations as they become
available, please visit the BIC Lecture
website<http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/Seminars/BICLectureSeries>
.*

01) Feb-11:  *Nature versus Nurture: Contributions Towards Healthy
Cognition from Childhood to Senescence in Mice and Humans* -- Dr. Veronique
Bohbot <http://www.douglas.qc.ca/researcher/veronique-bohbot?locale=en>
02) Feb-18:  *Functional Brain Plasticity Induced by Musical Training* -- Dr.
Sibylle Herholz<http://www.uni-muenster.de/OCCMuenster/phd-students/sibylle-herholz.html>
03) Feb-25:  *Optimization of the PET Detector Blocks for a Small-Animal
PET Scanning Insert for Simultaneous PET/MRI* -- Dr. Chris
Thompson<http://www.mni.mcgill.ca/neuro_team/mbic/christopher_thompson/>

04) Mar-01:  *Lactate Links Brain Energy Metabolism to Cerebral Blood Flow*
 -- Dr. Albert Gjedde<http://www.bric.ku.dk/staff_dynamic/staff/description/?id=52543&f=2>
05) Mar-04:  *Multi-Manifold Diffeomorphic Metric Mapping for Cortical
Registration: Applications in Structural and Functional Studies of the Brain
* -- Dr.  <http://koskilab.mcgill.ca/people.html#JZ>Jidan
Zhong<http://koskilab.mcgill.ca/people.html#JZ>
06) Mar-11:  *Auditory-Motor Control of Singing* -- Dr.
<https://files.nyu.edu/jmz2039/public/>Jean
Mary Zarate <https://files.nyu.edu/jmz2039/public/>
07) Mar-18:  *The Brain on TED* -- Mr. Benjamin
Elgie<http://www.mcgill.ca/graccolab/people#BENJAMIN>
08) Mar-25:  *Glimpses Into Consciousness From the Ways We Lose It* -- Dr.
George Kostopoulos<http://physiology.med.upatras.gr/NU/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&catid=6&Itemid=16>

---) Apr-01:  *No Lecture: Easter Monday*
09) Apr-08:  Title to be announced -- Speaker to be announced
---) Apr-15:  *No Lecture: Neuropsychology Day*
---) Apr-22:  *No Lecture: ISMRM Conference*
10) Apr-29:  *Brain Imaging in Patients with Multiple Sclerosis* -- Speaker
to be confirmed

11) May-06:  *PET imaging: Recent Research Highlights in reconstruction and
analysis* -- Dr. Andrew
Reader<http://www.mni.mcgill.ca/neuro_team/mbic/andrew_reader/>
12) May-13:  *Title to be confirmed* -- Dr. Aman Badhwar
---) May-20:  *No Lecture: Victoria Day*
13) May-27:  *Title to be confirmed* -- Dr. Stephen
Cunnane<http://www.usherbrooke.ca/dep-medecine/recherche/professeurs-ayant-des-activites-de-recherche/endocrinologie/pr-stephen-cunnane/>

--
Zografos Caramanos, M.A.

Research Assistant, Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit
Ph.D. Student, Integrated Program in Neuroscience

McConnell Brain Imaging Centre,
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University
3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 2B4
(phone) 514-299-8160;  (fax) 514-398-2975
(e-mail) zografos.caramanos at mcgill.ca<https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=zografos.caramanos@mcgill.ca>
(web)  Google-scholar<http://scholar.google.ca/citations?sortby=pubdate&hl=en&user=BcVBulQAAAAJ&view_op=list_works>
   www.zcaramanos.com