[BIC-announce] FW: Method in Brain Imaging Meeting - Analysis methods for functional brain imaging under naturalistic stimulation

Jennifer Chew, Ms. jennifer.chew at mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 17 12:00:13 EDT 2013

FOR YOUR INFORMATION.  Jennifer

From: Francine Bélanger [mailto:francine.belanger at criugm.qc.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:30 AM
To: Jennifer Chew, Ms.
Subject: Method in Brain Imaging Meeting

The next meeting « Methods in Brain Imaging" will be next Friday, April 19th. We will have the pleasure to have Pr. Jussi Tohka as a speaker, from Tampere University in Finland. He will present us new methodsfor functional brain imaging under naturalistic stimulation, e.g. movies. This experimental paradigm is very different from the stimuli traditionnaly used in fMRI, and opens us fascinating possibilities (see a recent example<http://youtu.be/z0uw9YBnMSc>). We are very lucky to have Pr. Tohka to guide us through the technical details involved in this type of work, in our usual small and friendly MBI meeting.