[BIC-announce] BIC Lecture Series: Fall-2012 Program

Zografos 'Aki' CARAMANOS caramanos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:05:33 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am currently putting together, the Fall-2012 Program of the BIC Lecture
Series, which will start in October and go through to the middle of
December.  Unlike the last few years, the Fall Program this year will
consist of "Data" talks, in which the presenter will review their
particular field of interest and present some of their data (as opposed to
"General Introductory" talks, which will return next year).  As usual,
lectures will be held on Mondays at 1:00 pm in the de Grandpré
Communications Centre at the Montreal Neurological Institute.  All of the
dates that are available to us for the Winter-2011 Series are given below.

There already a number of presenters that have already confirmed their
interest and their dates, and others that have expressed interest but not
yet confirmed their dates.  If you are interested in participating, *could
you please reply to this email* (*i.e.*, to caramanos at gmail.com) *and let
me know* *which of the following dates you WOULD be available to present on*
 (*i.e.*, simply delete those dates that you are NOT available for).
Please also send me a topic and title that you would be interested in
presenting on.   I will put together a schedule that fits everybody's
availability and get back to you as soon as possible for your approval.

Please note that we are asking the speakers to be prepared to give a
50-minute presentation (aimed at an intelligent, general audience from the
neuroscientific community); this will be followed by up to an additional 25
minutes of questions and discussion.  As a result, we are requesting that
you be able to devote the time between 1:00 pm to 2:15 pm on the date of
your presentation to being at the podium.

Thank you in advance for your attention, and please let us know if you have
any questions or comments.

I hope to hear from you soon!
Aki

*BIC Lecture Series: Fall-2012 Program*

*BIC Lectures are typically held on Mondays at 1:00 pm in the de Grandpré
Communications Centre, MNI.*****

*For more information and links to the presentations as they become
available, please visit the BIC Lecture
website<http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/Seminars/BICLectureSeries>
.*

*
*
*01) Oct-01: Still available*
*---) Oct-08: No Lecture [Thanksgiving]*
*---) Oct-15: No Lecture [Society for Neuroscience Conference]*
02) Oct-22: *Title To Be Announced* -- Dr. Istvan Akos
Morocz<http://www.spl.harvard.edu/pages/People/pisti>
03) Oct-29: *Representations of Particular Objects in Human
Inferior-Temporal-Cortex are Individually Unique and Predict Perceived
Similarity* -- Dr. Ian Charest<http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/people/ian.charest/>

*04) Nov-05: Still available*
*05) Nov-12: Still available*
06) Nov-19: *Title To Be Announced* -- Dr. Kunio
Nakamura<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=XM9XXfkAAAAJ&hl=en>
*07) Nov-26: Still available*

*08) Dec-03: Still available*
*09) Dec-10: Still available*

--
Zografos Caramanos, M.A.

Research Assistant, Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit
Ph.D. Student, Integrated Program in Neuroscience

McConnell Brain Imaging Centre,
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University
3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 2B4
(phone) 514-299-8160;  (fax) 514-398-2975
(e-mail) zografos.caramanos at mcgill.ca
(web)  Google-scholar<http://scholar.google.ca/citations?sortby=pubdate&hl=en&user=BcVBulQAAAAJ&view_op=list_works>
   www.zcaramanos.com