[BIC-announce] MEG News

Sylvain Baillet, Dr sylvain.baillet at mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 5 11:38:57 EST 2012

Dear all:

We're talking a break this week from our Walk-in MEG Method Clinics. Next edition is on March 23rd, @ 10am, room 282 at The Neuro. We'll celebrate the arrival of Spring , or not;)

The March 12 and 19 editions of the BIC Lecture series will feature Sylvain and Esther on current MEG research. Don't miss Esther's talk on modeling BOLD's resting-state fluctuations from elements of ongoing neural activity captured by MEG imaging. Sylvain will feature an update on our MEG Program and some recent advances in MEG research.

Meanwhile, don't miss the opportunity to submit a proposal for your MEG study to the CRBLM incubator program: it's the perfect format ($10K to $15K) to have your MEG sessions funded for studies related to Language and Music:(http://www.crblm.ca/activities/funding/research_incubator_awards). Deadline = March 15.

Also: Biomag2012 is THE biannual conference about MEG (http://www.biomag2012.org/). This year's edition will be in Paris, Aug 26-30. Deadline for abstract submission is also March 15.  MEG at McGill will be holding its first Brainstorm User Symposium on Aug 31 as a satellite event. Interested in presenting your work featuring Brainstorm in a 20-min talk? Send me a title and abstract to enter the competition. The rest of the day will be dedicated to hands-on training with the software. More info and registration at: http://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/WorkshopBiomag2012

Finally, we will be offering two additional courses for training on MEG and Brainstorm over the next few months:
Boston (USA): April 28, 2012 (full day)

Location: McGovern Institute for Brain Research at MIT
Program and registration: MIT website<http://mcgovern.mit.edu/component/content/article/21-events/538-brainstorm-training-workshop-at-mit>

The Brainstorm course will immediately follow the MIT's McGovern Institute Symposium: "Magnetoencephalography: Applications to Cognitive Neuroscience", which will be held on Friday, April 27, 2012.

Montreal (Canada): July 11, 2012 (half-day MEG course, half-day Brainstorm practice)

Location: Université du Quebec à Montréal (UQAM)
Program and registration: UQAM website<http://www.summer12.isc.uqam.ca/page/renseignement.php?lang_id=2>

The Brainstorm course will be part of a 3-day practical workshop on brain imaging techniques that will immediately follow the UQAM's Summer School in Cognitive Science (June 29-July 11, 2012). Full program to be announced.

 See http://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm/Training for more information and registration.

Happy MEG research!

See you all again on March 23rd for our next walk-in clinic.

Cheers - Sylvain.

↪ Sylvain Baillet, PhD
Associate Professor, Neurology & Neurosurgery
Associate Member, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering
Director, MEG Research

      neuroSPEED lab<http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ResearchLabsNeuroSPEED/> - MEG @ McGill<http://www.facebook.com/MEGatMcGill>  - Brainstorm project<http://neuroimage.usc.edu/brainstorm>

McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Montreal Neurological Institute