[BIC-announce] The Charlie Rose Brain Series

Zografos 'Aki' Caramanos caramanos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 13:08:44 EDT 2010

Hello!

If you had not heard about this before, you might be interested to know
about the Charlie Rose Brain Series, which airs on PBS and explores one of
sciences final frontiers: the study of the human brain.

Over the course of this year, Charlie will interview the most knowledgeable
scientists and researchers in hopes of illuminating a new topic of study.
Each monthly episode will examine different subjects of the brain, including
perception, social interaction, aging and creativity.

They will also look at scientific discovery and advances in technology, in
the hope that someday terrible illnesses such as depression, schizophrenia,
and Alzheimer’s will be history.

This month they examine the Aging Brain, and feature an interview with our
very own Dr. Brenda Milner.

For those of you without access to PBS, or who might not have caught the
first few shows, it is possible to watch each of the episodes in this series
after they are aired at:

http://www.charlierose.com/view/collection/10702

Cheers!
Aki

--
Zografos Caramanos, M.A.
Ph.D. Student, Integrated Program in Neuroscience

Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit,
McConnell Brain Imaging Centre,
Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University
3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3A 2B4
(phone) 514-398-8185; (fax) 514-398-2975
(e-mail) zografos.caramanos at mcgill.ca
(website) www.zcaramanos.com

(e-mail) zografos.caramanos at mcgill.ca
(website) www.zcaramanos.com