[BIC-announce] [CRM-L'officiel] PRIX ANDRÉ-AISENSTADT 2008: J. TAYLOR & J. SOLYMOSI - (1er et 2 mai 2008)

Keith Worsley keith.worsley at mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 30 16:36:39 EDT 2008

This is indeed a momentous occasion - the first time a statistician has won
the top *mathematics* prize in Canada. And I have to admit none of this
would have come about without the BIC. A great example of neuroscience
driving statistics (and mathematics!), and vice-versa. Although Jonathan has
told me he will "take off his gloves" and give some of the math details, I
can assure you that the reception afterwards will be of the highest quality.

Keith Worsley
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, McGill University
805 ouest, rue Sherbrooke, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2K6
tel: (514) 398-3842, fax: (514) 398-3899
e-mail: keith.worsley at mcgill.ca, web: http://www.math.mcgill.ca/keith