[BIC-announce] Talk at the Douglas on Ethics and Neuroimaging - Neuroethics and neuroimaging: emerging challenges of frontier neuroscience

Jennifer Chew, Ms. jennifer.chew@mcgill.ca
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:13:55 -0500

 Dr. Martin Lepage has asked me to circulate the details of this talk.
Please see below.  Thank you.  Jennifer

    "Neuroethics and neuroimaging: Emerging challenges of frontier
    neuroscience"

    Eric Racine, Ph.D.
    Center for Biomedical Ethics
    Stanford University School of Medicine

    Date : Friday, February 4th, 2005

   Time: 11:30a.m.

    Venue :
 Newman conference room
 3rd floor, Newman Pavilion, H-3121
 Douglas Hospital
 6875 Boul LaSalle
 Verdun, Quebec

Eric  Racine,  Ph.D.  is  a  bioethicist  and  postdoctoral fellow with
the Neuroethics Imaging Group at the Stanford Center for Biomedical
Ethics, one of  the first research teams dedicated to the exploration of
ethical issues
in  neuroscience.    Dr. Racine has published papers on the issue of
public
involvement  in  population  genomics, and on moral reasoning in
healthcare ethics  committees.  His  work  now  focuses  on  ethical
issues raised by
frontier   neurotechnologies   such   as   neuroimaging  and
brain-machine
interfaces  and  on ways neuroscience could inform our conception of
ethics and moral decision-making. He has served on Quebec's Science and
Technology Ethics  Committee  and is involved in initiatives fostering
public dialogue on  science. Dr. Racine has completed clinical ethics
internships in Geneva and  Montreal,  served  on clinical and research
ethics committees, and has participated  in  the  organization  of
numerous  events  in  the field of bioethics.